How to Apply
MRC LID is now open for applications to join the programme in September 2021.
- Find out more about MRC LID, and whether this is the Doctoral Training Programme for you: About our DTP.
- Check the value of an MRC LID studentship: Studentship Funding.
- Ensure that you meet the eligibility critera: Eligibility Criteria.
- Look at the Research Projects on offer, and select the one most closely linked to your research interests and path: 2021-22 Potential Projects.
- Consider the most suitable studentship route for you: Studentship Routes.
- Contact your potential project supervisor for an informal chat.
- Read through the MRC LID Application Guidance and Application FAQs.
- Prepare the mandatory documents for your application.
Complete all three steps set out below by the deadline of 23:59 (GMT) on Monday 18 January 2021.
- Complete and submit an MRC LID Scholarships Application (select ‘2021-22 MRC London Intercollegiate DTP Studentships’ option from the drop-down menu).
- Complete and submit MRC LID Supplementary Questions.
- Complete and submit an MRC LID Equal Opportunities Survey (please read our EDI page first).
Incomplete applications will not be considered for this funding. An incomplete application is one where any of the steps outlined above and/or any of the documents required are missing by the deadline.
Please note: Applicants should not apply for admission to either LSHTM or SGUL at this stage.